We neither sell or promote Purell, but when people come in to the store for information or ask online for something "more natural", this is what we we say.
What’s in your Purell?
- Alcohol - plant based
- Water - deionized and purified
- Glycerin - made from vegetable source, it is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet-tasting and non-toxic. The glycerol backbone is found in those lipids known as glycerides. Due to having antimicrobial and antiviral properties it is widely used in FDA approved wound and burn treatments
- Isopropyl Myristate - the ester of isopropyl alcohol and myristic acid (an ester is a chemical compound derived from an acid in which at least one –OH group is replaced by an –O–alkyl group. Usually, esters are derived from a carboxylic acid and an alcohol.
- Tococpherol - Vitamin E
- Caprylyl Glycol - a natural fatty acid found in coconut oil. It is a skin conditioning agent to with antimicrobial ability that keeps the sanitizer from wreaking your skin
- Aminomethyl Propanol - an organic compound created synthetically to adjust PH to better work with the skin